Today we have a special Live from the Trading Desk episode, in which Julian and a group of SPAC experts discuss the Digital World Acquisition / Trump Media deal. On the podcast, we discuss:
-Why did DWAC surge as much as 1,600%?
-What is next for the SPAC?
-Why do traders and speculators like this deal?
-Key insights into the SPAC
On today’s podcast we welcome special guest, Sarcos CEO Ben Wolff. Sarcos Technology and Robotics Corporation is a leader in the development of robots that augment humans to enhance productivity and safety.
On the show, Ben discusses:
- Why Time Magazine named the Sarcos Guardian exoskeleton one of the “Best Inventions of 2020”
- Their “Robot as a Service” business model
- How robotics are going to change the future of work
- Key insights from the recent going-public process and advice for CEOs considering taking their company public
- And more
Today’s podcast features special guest, ServiceMax CEO Neil Barua. ServiceMax is a leader in asset-centric field service management software.
On the podcast, Neil discusses:
-Private equity firm Silver Lake’s role in the evolution of ServiceMax
-Why the company’s SaaS business model may be attractive for investors
-Details regarding its $1.4 billion merger with SPAC Pathfinder Acquisition
-Key opportunities in its future growth plan
On today’s podcast we welcome special guest AdTheorent CEO Jim Lawson. AdTheorent is a programmatic digital advertising leader using advanced machine learning technology and solutions to deliver real-world value for advertisers and marketers.
On the show, Jim discusses:
- His journey from practicing law to becoming an entrepreneur and CEO
- How AdTheorent’s machine learning advertising technology platform works
- Why the two most prevalent ad targeting methods, cookie-based retargeting and segment-based audiences, are less effective
- Insights into the merger with MCAP Acquisition Corporation
- And more
On today’s podcast we welcome special guest, Energy Vault Co-Founder and CEO Robert Piconi. Energy Vault creates gravity-based, grid-scale energy storage solutions with its proprietary technology.
On the show, Rob discusses:
-The initial idea behind the founding of Energy Vault
-How Energy Vault’s energy storage systems work
-Insights into the company’s recent going public transaction
-How Energy Vault differs from the competition
On today’s podcast we have a discussion between Julian and three market experts, SPACGuru (G), SPACInsider (Kristi) and SPACWarrants (Jeff), for an in-depth discussion on the state of the blank check market:
- What to make of high redemption rates and low float meme stock short squeezes?
- How are IPO terms evolving?
- What will be the future of PSTH and the SPARC structure?
- Lawsuits, the SEC and the future of SPACs
- And more
On today’s podcast we welcome special guests, Altus Power Co-CEOs
Gregg Felton and Lars Norell. Altus Power is a market-leading clean electrification company focused on solar power.
On the show, Gregg and Lars discuss:
-The major skills and resources gained in law and investment banking that gave them the confidence to start Altus
-The company’s current portfolio assets and growth pipeline
-The macro thesis behind clean electrification
-Why CBRE holdings was an ideal merger partner in going public
On today’s podcast we welcome special guest, IronNet’s co-CEO Bill Welch. IronNet is an innovative leader transforming cybersecurity through Collective Defense.
On the show, Bill discusses:
- How cyber threats have evolved over the past 20 years
- What CTOs and executives should be concerned about regarding their company’s network security
- What he learned from their recent going-public process
- Key drivers of IronNet’s forecast 78% revenue CAGR
- And more
On today’s podcast we welcome special guest, BBQGuys CEO Russ Wheeler. BBQGuys is a leading specialty e-commerce platform for higher-end BBQ grills, grilling accessories and outdoor living products for both homeowners and professional builders.
On the show, Russ discusses:
-How the business evolved from a single brick-and-mortar store back in 1998
-BBQGuys’ competitive advantage and omnichannel strategy
-How the legendary football family, the Mannings, are involved in the company
-Key growth initiatives to drive a forecast 26% revenue CAGR
On today’s podcast we welcome the Co-Founder and CEO of Embark Trucks, Alex Rodrigues. Embark is a leading developer of autonomous software technology for the trucking industry.
On the show, Alex discusses:
-What it was like to drop out of university to become a Thiel Fellow
-Embark’s self-driving technology and their value proposition to customers
-Insights into the $4.55 billion merger with Northern Genesis Acquisition II
-How they get investors comfortable with a pre-revenue stage company